Saturday, March 26, 2011

Generations...

Two posts in one day!  Well, I can't help it if stuff is happening...

Son2:  well, you all know from previous posts what's been going on.  Hopefully he'll be successful with his new job.  He went to the doctor this week, and is continuing to wean off the Suboxone.

Dad:  just found out this morning he was having chest pains and he will have to have some sort of heart procedure (a catheterization?).  He has a history of heart problems, he had bypass surgery a two years ago.  Dr. said not to strain himself until they could get it set up.  Mom said she was giving me a heads up because someone will have to drive them around probably when it happens.  I imagine that will be pretty soon.

Grandma:  She's still hanging in there. Hospice has started coming in daily for about a week now.  I saw her last weekend, first time in maybe 6 months.  She has declined quite a bit.  She falls asleep a lot, in fact can't hardly stay awake to hold much of a conversation.  But, she did recognize me, called me by name and was very happy to see me.  I'm glad I went and made her smile.  I don't know how much longer she will be able to "know" people.  She's 97.

My job is going well, although I am very busy with the current project and it is taking every ounce of brain power I have when I am there to focus in and maintain progress.

I try not to worry about all of this... I guess I do worry, but at least I try not to let it take over.  What ever happens, I will just have to take it as it comes, as I have done so many times in the past.  Because that is what I do, that is what I HAVE to do...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a lot going on. I'm glad you are trying not to worry. How are things going now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They didn't find anything from my dad's test. I saw him today and he looks good and is feeling better. Enjoying some fine weather today and relaxing. I hope things are going better for you, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete