Friday, July 8, 2011

Cold turkey it is...

Tony (aka Son2) told us this week he has decided next Wednesday will be his last dose of Suboxone.  He talked to his doctor today, and has an appointment with him next Thursday where they will decide what medicine to use for the withdrawal symptoms.

From what I understand the worst of it should be over in a couple of weeks, but it's hard to say.  Everyone is different.  He wants to do it this summer, while he is not in school.

This was totally his decision.  Of course I'm concerned, I just was reading a blog about this very thing, and it doesn't sound fun, although it sounds much better than withdrawing from heroin.  The blog's author also said he didn't really feel normal for 3-4 months or so.

Normal.  What is that?  I'm not sure I know what that looks like.  Will he be happy?  Will he be depressed?  Will he use?  Will he drink? Will he be an asshole?  (excuse my language)

I'll be doing some more reading on this...

and he plans on staying in the apt with K during all of this, although I suggested that he come home for a few days if he wants to or needs to.

No comments:

Post a Comment