Saturday, January 15, 2011

Planning a trip

We got more snow last night.  Made for some messy driving, but I woke up to the sound of the snow plow this morning and looked outside to fairly clear skies.

My husband and I are planning a trip to Florida for next month. It will be our 25th anniversary trip.  It feels like a big milestone to me as a wife and also a parent.  We've had our share of rough times, but also a wealth of happiness.  Sometimes its hard to see the good in a situation, and tough to handle the challenges. Someone told me once (at work) when I was fussing and worrying over a project, to take one thing at a time, and really think through it.  What's the worst that could happen?  What would you do about it, really (besides worry)?  So, at work anyway, that helped to overcome a lot of apprehension.  At home, though, you can't always plan for everything. But having lived through some of the bad times, gives me more confidence going forward.  I can get through this.  And I still try to plan for everything.

Which leads me to my next point.  I could never have gone on a trip like this two years ago and leave Son2.  I think he will be ok though, and if he's not, then we'll (he will) have to deal with it.  So, I will go on our trip, celebrate our married life together and give myself a break.

Hoping for a lot of sunshine...

No comments:

Post a Comment