Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Catching up

Ok, it's been a while, and I just was trying to catch up on the blogs I usually follow.  I realize I've missed you guys... my fellow bloggers...

I've been busy... at work, and with more trips to Florida.  It was a lot of work, but we're glad we now have a vacation home!!  We are so happy with our new place and looking forward to a lot of future leisure time there.

Tony is doing very well I think.  The semester is well under way, and in spite of taking more credits than usual and working more than usual, he is doing better than usual.  In fact he had a couple of exams yesterday and said he did very well.  K says she'll believe it when she sees the grade... I don't blame her for that, he doesn't have a stellar track record.  But, he sounds good, he says he is doing well managing his time, and in spite of being super busy, doesn't sound that stressed.  He's tired, but in a normal, every day life, has too much to do way, not in a side effects from medication or drug use way.

Of course I worry and I am wary.  He's off Suboxone, and I keep thinking without that safety net, how much "life" can he take before that one more thing happens that pushes him over the edge.  He's pushing himself... that's unusual.  He's managing his time... that is also unusual... he's never been good at that.  He's been making his own decisions, despite our advice, the gun, and now a new kitten.  Both items he thought about for a long time before deciding.  Is it possible that... now that he is really healthy... he is starting to mature??  I know he is technically an adult, but I think he is actually starting to act like one.  I can only hope he continues down this path.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like he's making great progress,lets hope he keeps it up. Sometimes if feels like I am holding my breath when Keven is doing well, afraid that if I exhale it will all go away. But I'm learning to breathe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Barbara, I have felt like I'm holding my breath too often. And just when I start to breathe again, he buys a gun.... or more recently, starts talking about joint the Military.

    But he is doing well, and for that, I am thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that should be "joining" the miliary. you think that typo means anything?? ;)

    ReplyDelete